Last Thursday was dedicated to the volunteers of the city. It began with the annual volunteer fair with representatives from the various volunteer organizations that operate in the city. There are more than 75 organizations in the city with thousands of residents volunteering in a variety of areas, some are national organizations and some are unique to the city. After the fair was the ceremony recognizing outstanding volunteers from 2017.
Mayor Bibas presented five residents with certificates in recognition of their volunteer work with organizations in the city.
- Yedid L’Chinuch organization that has been operating in the city for five years with more than 100 volunteers in 16 schools.
- Netzi Katasholi who volunteers with Maon Chimes three times a week to help take care of children with disabilities.
- Eyal Roth, a medic who works 24/7 and is the director of Hatzalah in the city received an award for being an inspiration for volunteering and saving lives.
- Cynthia Barmor, director of ESRA was recognized for her heartfelt volunteering with the Neve Ezra Club for children at risk and to run additional projects in the organization.
- Meirav Hershko, director of Meor Modiin was recognized for her contributions to the community and to every resident who needs assistance in every area - food, clothing, furniture.
- Special certificate was awarded to Miriam Cali for her special volunteer work with Akadem, her efforts to establish Akadem in the city and the many hours that she contributes.