According to statistics released this week from the Ministry of Education, 92.2% of 12th grade students in 2015-16 who live in Modiin Maccabim Reut earned a Certificate of Matriculation (Teudat Bagrut). In the past eight years there has been a 20% rise in the percentage of students earning matriculation. The statistics place Modiin Maccabim Reut in seventh place on the list of communities with more than 300 students in grades 10 through 12. The city has 13 high schools with around 5,000 students in grades 10 through 12.
The "Educational Picture", which the Ministry of Education began to publish for the first time last year, looks at a range of statistics that reflect the educational and ethical work carried out in the schools and its results. The goal of the "picture" is to present a broad and comprehensive view that includes educational activity, social involvement, prevention of dropping out of educational institutions and the relationship between teachers and students, The "Educational Picture" is intended to give administrators a tool that provides them with a broad picture and allows them to set goals for conservation and improvement.
Educational statistics for Modiin Maccabim Reut:
- 92.2% of students in grades 10 – 12 earned matriculation certificates.
- 80% of special education students are eligible for matriculation certificates.
- 19.4% of 12th grade students earned matriculation certificate of excellence (the national average is 7.5%).
- 20.7% of 12th grade students completed 5 points in math (the national average is 11.4%).
- 68.9% of 12th grade students completed 5 points in English (the national average is 33.1%).
- 38.9% of girls in the city study science and technology.
- 92% of students who began grades 7-9 in the city, completed their education at schools in the city. This is the highest in the country.
- The full "Educational Picture" also reflects other achievements including volunteering and community service as well as significant recruitment to the IDF and national service. Modiin Maccabim Reut is a leading city for recruitment with almost 100% of the graduates of the education system drafted for military service and national service.